I decided to come up with my own list of thanks and fucks. Just because. First, the thanks.
- Long Beach State's fellow super fans: the students, the parents, and the boosters, as well as the alums who showed up to the volleyball match against USC.
- Alexis Crimes, Misha "Ole!" Hasalikova, Talaya "TW-17" Whitfield, Sarah "6" Hudson, Cynthia Buggs (a.k.a. Bugsy [BANG!]), Iris Murray, and Dyanne Lawlor the White House intern from Washington for all the memories.
- Ashley Lee, Nicole Moore, Quincy Verdin. We'll need you next year.
- Mike Wadley. The guys helped Lakewood's girls volleyball team win the state title over Nevada Union. Quantity is no match for quality.
- The hospitality by most of the people (read: MOST) at the Galen Center.
- Colt Brennan, June Jones, and the rest of the Hawaii football team. One more game, and it will probably be the Sugar Bowl. Good luck against Georgia (or whoever they may be).
- Oscar Wilde
A huge-ass fuck you to:
- Asia Kaczor of the USC women's volleyball team for single-handedly pulling off a Logan Tom on us. Something must be in that water down in Wroclaw, Poland.
- The post-menopause hag official from the NCAA who tells me that drumsticks are not allowed, but after I am using my pom-poms, tells me that they aren't allowed either. You know who you are. You are not welcome at the Beach unless you pay the sum of $500 for your faggotry. Bitch.
- Myles Brand. He deserves it, since he and the people he works with came up with these stupid double-standard artificial noisemaker rules. You take out a huge part of the atmosphere...and games are like watching grass grow. Fuck off and die already. Asshole. No, seriously. Send those rules back to Davy Jones' locker from whence they came.
- Britney Spears
- The guy who tells people to leave Britney Alone
- Michael Vick
- Michael Vick's other people
- Barry Bonds
- Floyd Landis
- UC Irvine (to hell with em!)
- The USA men's volleyball team for losing to the Russians.