Habemus musum

Thanks to help from my mom, I was able to escape a bit of a Catch-22, although I need a new stack of empty TDK DVD-Rs to make it complete. I am typing from my desktop, which I simply call Haruhi'S Hard Drive (a tribute to the great woman of legend from Nishinomiya North Senior High...or is it East? I have no idea.), and I am relieve that, after over several weeks of being in limbo...I finall have a mouse for my desktop.

You see, my optical mouse died, even with the battery change. It is now lying about in the room in my house called simply The Old Room, with the DSL modem that preceded the current one in use. So, I had to ask my mom (a great preschool teacher of three decades plus) for a new mouse. Since my current desktop, an old VPR Matrix, still had the mouse plug a la pre-USB, an expendable mouse from her work would suffice.

And as a result, I am now able to clean my desktop, download and install some critical updates, uninstall some unnecessary programs, and eventually convert it into a seeding station for a number of torrents. It was brought to my attention that my ration had gone down. Luckily, I was still seeding at the time, so I wasn't banned from the tracker. But since the people at the tracker upped the minimum to a 0.3 ratio (thanks a lot for making it hard for the rest of us, you abusing leecher pricks!), I decided to go ahead and recall the torrents I backed up on my DVDs, because I knew that if times called for desperate measures, it was imperative that I was prepared for this.

So now Haruhi's Hard Drive, my desktop of over 6-ish years (yes, it IS old), is now a seeding station, while LOveGen is primarily for leeching. Every now and then the bandwidth will switch between HHD and LoveGen, because both of them are leeching torrents. One thing is for sure: my hard drive on my desktop is going to be on for a long period of time. And I have to thank my mom for finally giving me a mouse.

NOw, if only I can muster enough money to back up some more torrents on DVD...

No comments: