Anime Expo 2009 thoughts, Day 3

On a day where America celebrated its independence and Steve McNair committed suicide (son of a bitch, another one?), I was busy getting some K-ON! doujins and some shots of the K-ON! girls. I was on a K-ON binge, I couldn't even begin to tell you.

Masquerade was a disappointement. Unimaginaive, drab, and the intermission music was so off-key. Send in the K-ON! band to perform next year, please!

"You sick bastard!" said Jeff, a member of the Main Events team, and a K-ON! fan, as he looked through the crapload of K-ON! doujinshi I purchased at the exhibit hall. I had a smug expression on my face. "You just about bought all the remaining K-ON! doujins out there!"

Well, save for one. I ran out of money by the time I did my run. But I do concur that I bought up a storm. And I took some photos of the K-ON! cosplayers at Lindsay Plaza that day. Pretty well done. What other convention do you have the opportunity to cross into six Mio Akiyamas donning identical outfits and makeup? AX, of course!

No comments: