ISML 2018: Victory Speech - Rem Natsuki, 2019 Saimoe Prime Minister



Well, I will go ahead and start my remarks by letting you all in on a not-so-well-kept secret, in fact, it's not even close to it and even makes mock of it: I outdid Emilia. (laughter) No, seriously, everyone, I did outperform Emilia and she is, as a consequence, the first person I will thank. She blazed a path for me and she also won her last contest so our party and that of Oregairu's and Hachiman are the big winners this election, so congratulations for Hachiman and Violet for winning their seats. Together, we will lead the Saimoe movement and represent the best of our great nation around the world because we love doing that. (applause)



I also want to point out that several days ago, it was my birthday, as well as that of my good friend Aoba Suzukaze. She has been a great advocate of my legacy and I want to thank her for her support. My sister Ram is owed my thanks. Without her, I wouldn't be here. But most of all, Subaru Natsuki, of whose last name I will borrow as Saimoe Prime Minister—but please, just call me Rem—is the one person that believed I could be a leader like no other. It was his inspiration that drove me to be a better person. I love him with everything I have, and he accepted the invitation to be the first gentleman of Saimoe for this coming year, so he gets to work with Hachiman on helping make Japan great again as a strong economic influence on the world. Mostly, to ensure that good men will always prevail, and they need not be Japanese. (laughter, applause) You laugh, but you know very well, that as your leader-elect, I am not wrong in my convictions. (laughter)



But it is because of you, I remembered who I am and I maintained my promise to pay you back for your belief in me. The best I can do to repay you...is to do my work as Saimoe Prime Minister to the best of my ability. This isn't a Royal Election I was a part of. This was bigger than me, Emilia, my sister...it encompassed so much and it was a struggle. But I told myself to be positive, be assertive, be aggressive in what I want to become, because if I do that, fate will take care of the rest. It is because of you, I am here as your Saimoe Prime Minister, and I will not let you down. You, my wonderful fans and even those who supported Kamui—and just wanted to add, I called Kamui on a great race and she happily conceded so now she can go ahead and bully Tooru anytime she wants (laughter)—no, but seriously, those who supported Kamui and others, I extend my hand of solidarity and ask for your help and cooperation in leading our movement forward.



I cannot do this alone, and I won't. We, the members of Saimoe, the finest people you will ever be one with anywhere, need you to be with us and support us. I am just one person, Hachiman is another, Violet is another...we need you to stand with us in this year of transition. We will be having a new emperor take over when I am sworn in with Hachiman and Violet. We need you to show your support for the future Emperor, Naruhito, and his vision for the Japanese nation going forward.



Also, I have believed that the promotion of time-honored Asian values can be applied anywhere. What are those, you say? It's four parts: social harmony, socio-economic prosperty and collective well-being of community, loyalty and respect for elders and authority, and a preference for collectivism and communitarianism. Basically, it's putting the team and the world above you. No man or woman is above the law, not even me, I merely enforce and promote it.



But it's not rocket science, ladies and gentlemen. Respect your parents. Your mother, your father, your grandparents, uncles and aunts...these are important parts of your life, your family. Do what you can to make them proud of you. Your siblings, your children, make them happy as well. And take the advice of those who have been in this world longer than you in stride. Violet has done a remarkable job immortalizing the stories of great people in writing for all to read and she is just getting started. She will write your story too, all you have to do is ask. Never be headstrong in a decision. Make sure the team is on board.



And this is what we do during meetings of our Diet, the Saimoe Parliament. We are an all-star team with unselfish minds when we need to go in one direction or another. We are not like that government in the West where two factions continually fail to make progress due to pride and selfishness and pettiness. We make decisions regarding new ways to promote our culture to satisfy the demands of the West and elsewhere. And those who don't get their way ultimately come around and support the consensus. That is the power of the collective aspect of Asian values, and I mean to promote it and encourage it as values that the world can adopt.



I want to close my address by saying that it will not be easy for us moving forward. Mikoto Misaka is the incumbent Saimoe Leader of the Free World and my personal adviser to all matters related to the finest people-us. She said this: "No matter what, you’re not defective. There’s nothing wrong with you, so don’t give up.” Motivate yourself to be at your best. Self-actualization leads to positive thinking and assertive confidence. And we will make it a lifelong commitment to serve you and motivate you to be successful in whatever, or whoever, you want to be as long as it makes your family, your community, your city, your country, and the world proud. So thank you, we salute you and honor you. May God bless you, and may God bless Japan and the world!

-Rem (a.k.a. Rem Natsuki)
2019 Saimoe Prime Minister/ISML Heavenly Tiara Champion
11 February 2019

No comments: