No sympathy needed...


I realized, as I wrote up this post, that I do not deserve sympathy for such a pathetic result because it is not significant. Yep. I think I pulled it off so well. But I know that if there's a time to rebound from something like this, it's gotta be now, because there is no hope for me if I reprise my efforts on the next one.

Exam 1 score: 28/50 = 56%

Talk about stumbling out of the gates. I was completely baffled by a large number of the questions on the exam, and even second-guessed myself a few times. My reading comprehension reduced to that of an Appalachian douchebag, so I knew I didn't do as well as I could.

The instructor told us that this is extra incentive because this is not a large part of the exam. The next three exams and the final will be more important than this one. And there is that incentive that if I obtain an A on the final, I get an A for the class.

Nonetheless, I have a gut feeling that my mom will not be very pleased with this result. She expects too much outta me. Maybe I should have a sex change and see if that will change anything. I got too much pride to even go that far, though, lol.

Putting on my girly face, I put on a scene of sympathy after class and at the Cabinet office, even screaming like one. Even tore up part of my shoulder sling for added effect. I felt obligated to put on this mask of despair, because I deserved to put this on after such a terrible performance. In the back of my head, though, I knew this would not happen again. No, not after I had bounced back after all this bullshit.

Now is not the time for yours truly to sit on my laurels. This is a summer session. Getting on the ball is a requirement if I am to take the rest of these exams by the horns. (Of course, skipping a session for the sake of orientation at CSULB is not the way to go, but still, priorities have been set.)

Looks like I will have to spend less time blogging and more time reading carefully the material. (Yeah, like hell I will do the former, ha.....IN YOUR DREAMS!) Tune in next time on the BOBA blog to see what I'm up to this time.

Peace.

No comments: