My university's buyback system sucks. FACT.

I gotta coerce my mom into providing a box to send a couple of books down to Beaverton, Oregon.

With a couple of classes down (one of them pending completion of the final), I try to sell a couple of my books back to the bookstore, only to find out that they have been turned back. I have yet to complete my transaction with cash4books.com, but it is clear that these turds who do the buyback stuff let me down. TWICE. In a row. Dating back to the beginning of the semester.

If I was Saint Peter, I would deny them access to the pearly gates, and instead send them to Satan's fun house of double hellraisers with cheese. Bloody underpaid failures. I may have to send all my books I purchased down to cash4books.com, but that's only if they approve what I sent them. And that's pending final approval from the man and woman of the BoBA house.

It's these things that can get on my bad side. Fast.

------

With that already out of the way, I like my chances of getting a grade better than a D in IS 380. The reason I went out of my way to retake the class was the semester project. In the Spring of 2007, I took this same class, with the same instructor. In the semester project, a project in which you have to create all these programs using Oracle database, I got a paltry 5 out of 100. I didn't take the time to work on this, and from the start, the program failed. Because of that, I got a D in the class. That was the first D I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2007 (this month). I sent an e-mail to Sophie Lee, my instructor, regarding my semester project. In spite of a few problems with the code (two of the same phone number, and forgetting the in one program, etc.), the programs worked without any error messages. When I received the response, she told me: "JR, you got a 91 out of 100 on the project. Hope this helps."

I think she didn't need to mention that last statement. It was 91 points out of 100. It wasn't the perfect score I was hoping for, but it was still an A. That was an 86-point change. As I got on campus to prepare for my final, I knew that the days of having that D on my transcript in IS 380 would be numbered.

---

Later in my blog, I will wrap up the Bowl Preview with a look at the big-money bowls: the Bowl Championship Series, and the national championship game.

No comments: