ISML 2013: We Got The Rikka To Win!


ISML 2013: We Got The Rikka To Win!
Misaka wins Match, but Takanashi wins Necklace, Last Order takes Anklet

By JR Salazar
The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue
July 26, 2013

There was hugs and kisses all around at the victory rally for Rikka Takanashi in Tokyo. As a touring cover band from Australia belted out the campaign song, "The Rikka To Win," which is based on Port Adelaide Football Club's fight song, Takanashi was in tears as she found out that she would win the 2013 International Saimoe League Emerald Necklace. Despite falling in the Emerald Necklace Match to Mikoto Misaka 2992-2242, Takanashi's superior strength of schedule was more than enough to send her over the top, with a Necklace Score Calculation of 57.624.

Misaka was a close second, earning a score calculation of 56.244. However, her poor strength of schedule put her in a hole from the very beginning, and she needed a more decisive victory to stand any chance at winning the Emerald.

"I love my campaign song, and I love you all," Takanashi said, wiping away tears as she was surrounded by her fiancee, Yuta Togashi; her sister Touka; and her good friends Shinka Nibutani, Sanae Dekomori and Kumin Tsuyuri. "I salute you all. This was a team effort from the very beginning, and this is something I will remember for the rest of my life. What a joy it is to be in this world today.

"I thank the people that are standing with me, the voters, all of you here, and most importantly, the one above who watches over all of us with the master plan. It excites to me to know that you are here to give me this wonderful, glorious treasure. Now I head into the rest of the campaign with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

"This is your victory. Thank you all. I love you."

"Rikka was going to be a tough opponent to defeat and even though I beat her in the necklace match, it's unfortunate that it wasn't enough," said Misaka at her concession party in Academy City's Certain High School. "I don't understand the point of these necklace matches when the outcome had been decided long before that. It makes me want to wear a tin foil hat, and I hate tin foil hats. But, I accept the outcome and move on."

Mashiro Shiina was third after earning 1381 votes and a score calculation of 43.424. "This is an opportunity for me to get going in the Topaz," she boldly predicted at her press conference at Suimei University of the Arts. "I now consider myself the favorite to win the Topaz. If I don't win that necklace, I consider this campaign to be a failure, no matter what happens from this point forward."

Shana was fourth, after earning 993 votes for a score calculation of 33.175. "I don't think I am going to win a necklace this year," she said at her press conference in Tokyo. "I used to be a favorite. Now I head into the Topaz as a prohibitive underdog."

Kobato Hasegawa had the least votes at 546 but finished fifth in the Necklace Score Calculation with a score of 32.080. "I consider this run to be successful, regardless of what happens," she said at her press conference in Osaka. "This was a good run, no matter where I end up. I'm having a lot of fun in this competition, and that's what matters."

Kuroyukihime was sixth in the Necklace Score Calculation. She had 701 votes and earned a score of 30.785. "I think I will be in the Topaz Necklace Match," she said at her press conference at Umesato Middle School. "I'm not going to win it, but I will go down as one of the more underrated competitors in this competition, and that's something I can hang my hat on."

Ayase Aragaki held up the rear, earning 677 votes and a necklace score of 22.872. "I'm not happy with the result of finishing last, but to at least be in the discussion for one of these prizes is good enough for me because I was up against the best competition that didn't earn a necklace," Aragaki said. "I'm not going to sulk on these results. I gotta keep fighting, because that's what I pride myself on."

Last Order won the Emerald Anklet, finishing first with 2591 votes, beating out Louise Francoise Le Blanc De La Valliere with 1596 votes. Ririchiyo Shirakiin was third with 1256 votes, Erio Touwa was fourth with 1062 votes, Mei Misaki was fifth with 1032 votes, Karen Araragi was sixth with 965 votes and Masami Iwasawa was last with 836 votes.

"This is great," Last Order said at her victory rally at A Certain High School, which was also the concession rally for Mikoto Misaka. "My older sister, who I consider to be my older sister, may not have won the big prize, but I got the little prize, so I kinda made up for it. I hope I can make it to the top 16 in Stella, that would be so cool. Watch out everybody, I'm on my way up!"

Haqua du Lot Herminium won the first of two special group exhibitions with 1904 votes. Kumin Tsuyuri was second with 1602 votes, Lala Satalin Deviluke was third with 1557 votes, Suiseiseki was fourth with 1166 votes, Shiki Ryogi was fifth with 1160 votes, Amu Hinamori was sixth with 827 votes and Chii was last with 794 votes.

Koneko Toujou was the winner in the second special group exhibition with 1812 votes. Shiori Shiomiya was not too far behind with 1802 votes, Yuiko Kurugaya was third with 1068 votes, Maria was fourth with 1036 votes, Nanoha Takamachi was fifth with 1019 votes, Rika Furude was sixth with 999 votes and Mafuyu Shiina was seventh with 985 votes.

Wrapping up Emerald play, Ruiko Saten clobbered Tomoko Kuroki 5670-2796 and Kanata Kurusu defeated Rumiho Akiha 4243-3667.

Match Day 1 of the 2013 International Saimoe League Topaz Necklace Period is scheduled for Sunday, August 4, 2013. Vote for your favorite candidates at InternationalSaimoe.com and join the ongoing debate. And keep it right here on the Bedlam on Baltic Avenue for continuing coverage of the world's premier anime character competition, the 2013 International Saimoe League!



TOP 16, Nova Division
1. Mashiro Shiina
2. Rikka Takanashi (EM)
3. Kuroyukihime
4. Kobato Hasegawa
5. Asuna Yuuki (RUB)
6. Sena Kashiwazaki
7. Nanami Aoyama
8. Inori Yururiha
9. Shinka Nibutani
10. Eru Chitanda
11. Nyarlathotep
12. Yui
13. Yozora Mikazuki
14. Momo Beila Deviluke
15. Aria Holmes Kanzaki
16. Touka Takanashi

TOP 16, Stella Division
1. Ruri Gokou (AM)
2. Kanade Tachibana (C) (AQ)
3. Mikoto Misaka
4. Taiga Aisaka
5. Eucliwood Hellscythe
6. Mio Akiyama
7. Azusa Nakano
8. Shana
9. Ayase Aragaki
10. Kirino Kousaka
11. Yui-nyan
12. Yuri Nakamura
13. Yuki Nagato
14. Saber
15. Haruhi Suzumiya
16. Last Order

No comments: