El Son De Las Sirenas


El Son De Las Sirenas
Sayaka Miki beheads Mami Tomoe, figuratively, to advance to 2channel Anime Saimoe semifinals

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
November 18, 2013

A traveling mariachi band from the north of Mexico performed at Mitakihara Middle School on Monday evening at the auditorium ahead of the result of the fourth quarterfinal of the 2013 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament. The end result was a lopsided one, a 256-164 figurative beheading of Mami Tomoe by Sayaka Miki. Miki now advances to the 2channel Anime Saimoe semifinals to take on Watashi on Thursday.

"I am content with this result," Tomoe said via phone interview. "I already won this and I ended up finishing top eight this year. That's a great run and I congratulate Miki-san on this victory."

"I'm honored to have finally done better than the quarterfinals," Miki said via teleconference. "I hope to make the final at least, but Watashi is not going to be an easy opponent to take down. However, I'm confident to deliver justice to humanity on Thursday. I'm not done yet."

There has been talk that Homura Akemi had a key role to play in the takedown of Mami Tomoe, but that rumor was shot down by Akemi herself.

"Look, I don't make these decisions, it's the voters," Akemi said via videoconference. "It's the voters who still care about these contests that have the final say in this. Any talk about me rigging these matches is coincidental and is just the type of useless fodder you members of the media like to write to monetize your sites that no one reads.

"I am not the one that calls these things. It's the voters."

"I know that I'm going to probably have to go through Kyouko-chan and Sayaka-chan, so I have to be ready," Madoka Kaname said. "I have my own reasons for progressing, and I want to get it done. I have a lot of respect for Sayaka-chan, but there can only be one winner."

Tuesday is a rest day. Madoka and Kyouko Sakura battle on Wednesday in the first semifinal.

"I would rather face Watashi than Sayaka in the final, but that's all going to be moot if I lose to Madoka," Sakura said via phone. "Madoka, to me, is still the favorite and I think she has a stronger case to win it all. But I wouldn't mind returning to the final, even though I have my work cut out for me."


No comments: