A temp job...and a phone troll


I received a temporary position at the CSULB Bookstore, as a cashier for the first few weeks of class. I got debriefed that there’s going to be long lines of people suffering in the sun, waiting to purchase their books. A lot of new students are going to be angry that they have to pay so much for their classes. For example, one student may have to purchase about $400.00 for his/her books, and will get very frustrated. Very few students will want to buy any of the clothing/apparel because they’re nagging about their books. Keep this in mind: I was one of the last few who got hired on the spot, so I’ll have to train on the fly to use the register. I’ve never worked with a cash register in my life, so I’ve got a bit of a baptism by fire.

The Bookstore is student owned and operated, and so the people who run this store are students as well. I’m hoping I don’t get scrutinized and some trolls try to get on my bad side, because, let me tell you, it ain’t happenin’. But those lines are going to be gruelingly long…

By the way, some douche bag called me on my cell, and didn’t leave me a message. I tried answering back, and either the line is busy or no one is even taking the time to answer my call. Stuff like this gets me on my bad side. So I am making a resolution:

No one should call me on my cell between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Standard Time. Anyone who calls me during those hours is nothing more than a prick, and will get a verbal ass-kicking from me. You got it? This is to prevent shit like this from happening.

I need to get a new frame for my new degree. In this frame, I will also store my tassel and my pins I won during my stay at LBCC. I’ll even place my other TONG badge on there. It’s going to look sweet; I can’t wait to set it up!

No comments: