Spector must die.


For a famous music producer, writer, et al to murder a famous actress born in my city, that cannot be forgiven. The Phil Spector murder trial is going on. I say that once he is proven guilty, I think the prosecutors should seek the death penalty. To martyr a person from this sacred city of mine called Long Beach is one of the worst sins an old geezer can commit.

I wonder about our softball team. If they should sweep UC Santa Barbara, will they be chosen as an at-large selection for the Regionals? I leave it to the committee to decide.

Our local baseball teams are on fire. Start with the Dirtbags. Yesterday, they polished off the Dizeks of Tony Gwynn State University, 6-3. Next up is the Gauchos, and I don't like the home team's chances in this series. Note that when I refer to "home team" in the previous sentence, I do not mean my home team.
And what about those Lancers. They are going to share the Moore League title with Wilson very soon. It's just a matter of winning the rest of the games leading into playoffs.

So Nicholas Sarkozy is going to be the next head Frenchie in charge. Good luck, Nico. May La Marseillaise be on your head.

Can our track team hold off an Irvine advance in the late Black and Blue push? And how will the tennis team fare at Fresneck? Stay tuned...

One final note: The Galaxy are returning to the US Open Cup proper. They dispatched of Red Bull New York 3-1 in extra time. Cobi could have done without the red card, but it's a good thing Landon Donovan, Kyle Martino, and Santino Quaranta were picking up the pieces. Juan Pablo Angel will come to no Christian end when we face then next time in MLS play. That guy was lucky enough to deny Steve "Crow-man" Cronin a clean sheet. Should have started him all game.
.

No comments: