Anime Expo 2009 thoughts, Day 1

Much better day, in leaps and bounds.

"F--k AX," said a person from Axcess Control, disgruntled as he worked on his bacon, eggs and spuds. "We clamor for extra perks and we get shafted," he goes on, continuing his spiel. I listened, and soaked in the realities of some of the team who work hard, but aren't as recognized as the others.

We went back to th LACC on this school bus that was clearly refurbished. "We're going on this!?" I exclaimed for the longest time. As I got on the bus, I turned on my AC/DC. And as I got back to the place, I wandered, looking at some of the decor before stopping by for the Opening Ceremonies. And I took plenty of shots along the way.

Most of the day, outside of stamping tickets, checking bags and counting cash, I was taking photos of cosplayers posing. At the exhibit halls I got all these different magazines and visual books. I think the only downers were the early stumbles, forgetting to film the left daruma eye being filled, and the battery dying after shooting concluded. I realize that we have stuff to purchase.

Xeno, Kisegi and Mahoko are tucked nice and tight into their little backpack. On the agenda: buy remaining pins, K-ON shirt, batteries, and that other maazine I wanted, as well as some extra plushies. I love spending. And I thank my student loan disbursements for it.

I gotta get some sleep. Michael Jackson's funeral is tomorrow, and I gotta tune out all the madness. If I need to buy my baterries at the hotel, I don't mind it one fucking bit.

-JR Salazar, Bag Check, July 2, 2009

No comments: