"I have plans for Sayaka Miki": Homura Akemi


"I have plans for Sayaka Miki": Homura Akemi

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue
October 22, 2014

If elected as Saimoe Prime Minister, District L Representative-Elect Homura Akemi of the Puella Magi Party has decided to reach out to her personal rival, Sayaka Miki, who is the representative-elect of District F. This is her way of resolving the tension that came from her decision to rewrite the rules and keep the entire party available for the races this autumn against their primary rival, the bigger and better-funded Saki Party, the current Official Opposition unless a Saki Party member wins the office in November.

"I have plans for Sayaka Miki. I don't dislike Sayaka because I think she is understanding the bigger picture and has been an advocate for me and Madoka," Akemi said at Puella Magi Party Headquarters in Mitakihara Town, Japan. "The reason I chose Sayaka and not Madoka is that I don't want her to be burdened with so much work and effort after her year being the figurehead. I can trust Sayaka to be, in a way, my right-hand person when it comes to getting our message out.

"If Sayaka ends up winning the race, however, I do not have any intentions of being the deputy for a second straight session. I think highly of myself because I have years of experience. I've been a figurehead in Saimoe in Korea for one year and a figurehead in China for two go-arounds, so I already have something to stand on."



One of the pet projects that Akemi is advocating is the use of Clara Dolls as a personal assistant, similar to a house pet or a maid.

"I own a number of Clara Dolls as my assistants and I think they have been useful in simplifying the work I have to do around the house," Akemi said. "When I become Saimoe Prime Minister, I will be an advocate to having every family own a Clara Doll. They may be mischievous at first, but with proper training and time, they will be a better companion that any house pet or personal assistant will ever be. I plan to set up manufacturing plants across the country so that they can be sent all over."

Strengthening ties with Korea and China is another part of Akemi's plans as Saimoe Prime Minister.

"I want to implore the Prime Minister and his staff to reduce the number of visits to Yasukuni and urge the Diet to renounce all ownership of disputed islands across East Asia," Akemi said. "East Asia Strong is the program I want to put in place, which emphasizes sovereignty, respect, and a non-aggressive approach to resolving differences between ourselves, Korea and China. When we are each other's best allies, we become East Asia Strong and that can be the most empowering thing to come to this country for many generations.

"We have to issue apologies to those we have wronged. We have to mend fences and build bridges. We need them to help us and for us to help them so that this region can rise as one of the best in the world. The power of East Asian Strength is a fascinating phenomenon, and as Saimoe Prime Minister with Sayaka at my side, we can get it done, and we will."

As for Madoka, what role will she play?

"She will be my First Lady, of course," Akemi said with a sly grin.


No comments: