Quick hits, January 23, 2010

On the mad countdown to World Nutella Day, the boredom of having a single class, and the lagging Lakers.

World Nutella Day is in two weeks. TWO BLOODY WEEKS! Well, now it's less than. I am wondering two things. One: when will this storm finally pass? And two: when are my K-ON plushinhas (pronounced plush-een-yas; yes, I just love that nh in Portuguese) getting over here? I need them for the shot involving a Nutella jar.

I'm a bit nervous here. As it stands, they are still in transit. I am aware that they could arrive well after WND, and that would be a drag. But if they do arrive, are they going to be in tip-top condition? Azusa is not going to available for the shoot; she won't be setting sail for the Beach until March at the earliest. Nothing I can do about that.

But I have plans about the Hokago Tea Time and their crazy antics with Nutella. I would imagine that a number of chocolate desserts Tsumugi Kotobuki of K-ON! brings are made with Nutella.

Those whose minds have been in the gutter since childbirth will know where this is going. What? You don't have a clue? Ask Mugi the yuri-obsessed blonde ditzmistress for the details. She'l fill you eeen.

---

So I am now in Week 2-3 of my Disaster Recovery course. I am learning some stuff about the analysis phase and documentation this, recommendation that. And for some hare-brained reason unbeknownst to me...I am bored.

I want to travel for once. But it's cold. It's too warm and feels too good in my classroom. I need to crawl under a kotetsu right now, but all I see are chairs, tables, a projector screen, a few laptops, fluorescent lights and a projector.

Did I mention a professor and students? I am so bored.

---

The Lakers still can't beat the likes of the Cavaliers. I literally exploded when they stumbled again. Once could swear I was on meth when I screamed like one of those Huntington Beach punk bands.

I love punk rock. I don't know how much more I could handle. I think I could handle a lot more...if my other family members didn't intervene.

But to hell with their ineptitude. How will they successfully defend their title if they can't beat the Beasts from the East?

---

I'm happy for Rachel Alexandra. I knew she was going to win the Horse of the Year Award. Zenyatta had no chance.

No comments: